These delicious cupcakes were a hit with everyone. The cake had a great flavor and texture and the buttercream was delicious, with just a hint of caramel.
Chocolate Cupcakes (adapted from Your Cup of Cake):
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (I used 3/4 tbs vinegar + milk)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp kahlua
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine cake mix and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix with a whisk.
- In a larger bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, kahlua and sour cream. Do not over mix.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Fill liners 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Vanilla Caramel Buttercream:
- butter (1 + 1/2 stick), softened
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 container), softened
- 2 Tbs Coffeemate Vanilla Caramel Creamer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups powdered sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually mix in 3 cups of powdered sugar until well combined (1/2 – 1 cup at a time).
- Add creamer and vanilla and mix.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar to reach desired consistency and taste.
- Pipe onto cupcakes.