This stuffed bread was fantastic! I love the combined flavor of fresh basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella! Definitely something I will make again because it was super easy to whip up. I used a loaf of homemade crusty bread, but you could obviously use any type of bread if you don’t like a hard crust. The one thing I would change would be to use freshly shredded cheese as opposed to pre-shredded, it just doesn’t melt quite as nicely. Otherwise, perfect!
- Round loaf of bread (I used a loaf of mozzarella-basil crusty bread)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp green onions, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut the loaf in half and hollow it out just a little bit.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, basil, green onions and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the tomatoes over the bread in a layer.
- Cover it with the cheese mixture.
- Place the top of the loaf on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.