I finally broke out the breadmaker and put it to use last week. First up: sandwich bread. I used the recipe listed in the booklet included with the machine and it turned out great. It had a great texture and density, but was a tad salty. Needless to say, we manage to polish off the whole loaf before the next morning.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- Remove bread pan from breadmaker and add milk, sour cream, and oluive oil to it.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt together with a whisk.
- Add to breadmaker on top of wet ingredients, covering them entirely.
- Make a small well in the dry ingredients and add the yeast.
- Return bread pan to breadmaker, close lid, and run on basic setting. I had my crust set to medium.
- When cycle is finished, remove bread pan from machine and let it cool. Remove loaf from breadpan and enjoy!