Chocolate Kahlua cupcakes with Bailey’s buttercream, doesn’t get much better than that! The cupcakes were not as moist as I would have liked for them to be, but they were still very delicious; next time I’ll up the liquid ingredients to make up for it. The buttercream was just as amazing as it sounds, I was licking the bowl.
- 1 box Duncan Hines devil’s food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup Kahlua
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s
- Mix cake mix and all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth (beat on low until incorporated then about two minutes on medium).
- Spoon batter into greased or lined cupcake tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Bailey’s
- Cream butter.
- Add powdered sugar, gradually, beating between additions.
- Add vanilla and Bailey’s and continue to mix.
- Adjust texture/consistency by adding powdered sugar or milk by the teaspoon if necessary.